OWASP Defect DojoView the original Working Session content
What is OWASP DefectDojo?
OWASP DefectDojo is an open source vulnerability management tool written in Python/Django. Its top goal is to reduce the amount of time security professionals spend logging vulnerabilities. DefectDojo does this by offering:
- A templating system for vulnerabilities
- Baseline self-service tools
- Imports for common vulnerability scanners
- Report generation
DefectDojo collects vulnerabilities in single system. It enables a testing pipeline, currently with manual collection/entry, some upload functions, and parsers for known problems. If multiple tests are run on the same application, DefectDojo can deduplicate findings for a simpler overview.
DefectDojo Roadmap and Requirements
More organizations are using Defect Dojo as their go-to tool for vulnerability management. It is important to maintain the project with latest technology trends like API-first, GitHub issue support, and uniform deployment strategy.
Specific actions planned are:
- Add Scan Integration 2.0 (uploads to APIs)
- Test new API v2 to cover all use cases
- Add the ability for Dojo to check for and apply updates.
- Add support for GitHub Issues
- A more readable code base with PEP8 standards
To use DefectDojo on a broader scale, we also need to improve the production grade code quality:
- Application of model changes
- Data model (use case documentation, relationships, etc.)
- Performance aspects
- Test coverage
- Production deployment best practices
We also need better ways to collaborate and handle code merge master.
- Session page : https://open-security-summit.org/tracks/devsecops/working-sessions/owasp-defect-dojo/