Automation of MASVS with BDDView the original Working Session content
- The session has been focused on creating BDD tests to automated the OWASP MSTG test cases, in order to integrate those tests in the CI/CD pipeline*
The main outcome of the working sessions is a set of BDD tests for Android and iOS, using the MSTG playground and iOS iGoat as target apps. The repo with the developed tests cabn be found here.
Synopsis and Takeaways (recommend)
We want to create a complete set of BDD tests, that will automate the OWASP MASVS. At the moment the BDD tests have been created using Calaba.sh as a third party framework, but the goal is to provide multiple solutions using also native frameworks
- Do we need an external framework (Appium, TestNG, Espresso), or is it better to create native tests?
- Which third party tools do we need to expand the test cases (Frida ,Drozer etc)?
- Develop new BDD tests following the MSTG is the way to go
- Next activities:
- Explore native solutions (iOS and Android) to write BDD tests
- Expand the current tests
Working Materials (recommend)
- Session page :Automating MASVS with BDD
- A complete guide on how to setup the working environment and the Docker image can be found here
- BDD Mobile security testing with OWASP MASVS, OWASP MSTG and Calabash
- BDD Security
- BDD Security Github